Aweta is the industry trail-blazer when it comes to the supply and manufacture of turn-key solutions for the grading and packing of fresh fruit and vegetables.
Aweta was conceived out of one man’s desire to help vegetable growers in the Netherlands accurately grade their cucumbers and tomatoes. He developed a mechanical sorting machine, started in-house production of it and gave his name to the company Aweta (Adrianus Wilhelmus Tas).
Over the last 50 years, Aweta has introduced a great deal of revolutionary technology into the sorting and grading industry. A few examples from a long list of innovations include:
- The first sorting machines on the market for cucumbers, tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, peppers, apples, pears, roses, fish and citrus fruit
- Combined colour and diameter sorting machine for tomatoes
- First combined sealing and shrink wrapping machine for cucumbers
- First colour/diameter camera for apples (CCD)
- The Falcon system; the first quality sorting machine for apples
Today we are recognised as the Global Technology leader in the market. With Sales and Service representation in more than 45 countries around the world, we have developed a deep understanding of the local market, its produce and needs. Aweta’s aim is to forge partnerships with its customers by offering the best service and support available in the most efficient and inexpensive way possible. We are here to advise you on all your equipment fitting needs whatever the size of your budget: from a single line to a turnkey integrated system.